Today was an empty-nester real estate day.
Empty Nester Buyers
I took clients out to look at condos — they’re thinking of selling their historic home to move into a vintage condo on Lake Shore Drive – probably in Lakeview. Here’s what we saw…
1. 2920 Commonwealth – 3 bedroom right behind St Joseph’s -
- Lovely east view of Lake Michigan, if you don’t mind looking at the hospital parking lot
- Great condition, if you like the fake stone around the doorways- added to remind you of the original stone in the building
- Parking garage in the building, however it will be at least one year until the new owner gets to park in the building, since there aren’t as many parking spots as total units
2. 433 W Briar – Just south of Belmont and east of Sheridan Road — 2550 square feet
- Front of the building, but north facing unit can feel dark, especially on the 2nd floor
- Again, parking not available in the building
- Doesn’t have the grand feel of the Lake Shore Drive condos
3. 3500 N Lake Shore Drive 9D - co-op building 4 blocks north of Belmont
- East facing 3 bedroom unit- lovely views of Belmont Harbor
- Totally renovated with painstaking detail – to the point of removing, stripping, and replating hardware!
- Gracious unit – 2400 square feet, but one bedroom short for my clients
We’re going out again tomorrow — stay tuned!
Want to see what’s available in vintage condos and co-ops near Lake Michigan in Lakeview?
Empty Nester Sellers
At Mariano’s, I ran into one of my favorite clients, who sold her home to move into The Admiral.
She’s been there 2 years now, and reported that she’s thrilled that she made the move. This was particularly good to hear, given she’s one of those people who’s spry and young at heart – some might think she jumped the gun a bit.
The only thing she said she misses a bit is her kitchen – she did have a glorious Crown Point-high end kitchen!
Her advice to all – “Don’t die in your house! This is way too much fun!”
I truly enjoy seeing clients who are happy with the moves that they’ve made!!
Check out your choices for being an empty nester!
Get advice in helping your parents decide where to go next!
Baird & Warner