1325 N State Parkway – Tom and I lived there for over 10 years – we happened upon the top floor unit facing west, and when the next door unit came on the market, we snapped it up and combined the two. We ended up with 2650 square feet on one level in Chicago’s Gold Coast.
Only when Michael (our second) was due to come home from Paraguay did we finally decide to move to a single family. In retrospect, we didn’t have to leave. We could have raised our kids there.
1325 N State is one of a few Gold Coast condominiums whose floor plans are large and wonderful – the 2 bedrooms offer 1650 square feet – much larger than the typical 1200 square foot condominium in Chicago.
for sale in Chicago’s Gold Coast —
Here’s the list of what I miss most
about living at 1325 N State Parkway:
10. Jim, the old doorman. Slow as molasses but generally happy. The most laughable moment, when we brought Thomas home and he said, “Oh, he’s a dark baby!”
9. Valet parking – the parking garage was attached – no walking in the cold when setting off to my next destination! Guests could park at fairly cheap rates, when using my coupons.
7. Being able to walk to work. Most of my real estate career has been in a Gold Coast office location. I could get to work in 10 minutes on foot. We walked to great restaurants and shopping, and we didn’t need to drive when returning from The Lodge or the Zebra Lounge!
6. Storage – believe it or not, I had more storage in my condo than in my 2 vintage single family homes!
5. Accessibility to Lincoln Park and the lakefront – we used to walk to the Lincoln Park Zoo with Thomas – in those days, we could feed the ducks (now there are signs prohibiting this activity!).
4. The roof deck and pool — not that I am a sun worshipper or swimmer, but I love the opportunity to pretend I am from time to time!
3. Neighbors – we met some terrific people in that building, many of whom we’re still in touch with today – 16 years later.
2. Views – we didn’t have spectacular lake views, as we faced the west. We did, however, have large windows with a panoramic cityscape. Sunsets were gorgeous and the city sparkled at night.
1. Living in one of the great neighborhoods (Gold Coast) in the world’s greatest city (Chicago!)
If you’re interested in seeing large 2 bedroom condos for sale,
or to get information on Chicago Real Estate in general,
Contact Anne Rossley of Baird & Warner.
1325 N State Parkway – 2013 Sales
To see photos and get information on condos that sold in 2013, select one of the following links.