Readers of this blog know how much I love Chicago Bungalows!
In today’s market, those buyers who want a single family instead of a condo should seriously consider the benefits of owning a bungalow!
- FHA Loans Available on conventional sized mortgages — 5% down, great rates, and assumable (these rates won’t stay low forever!!
- 203K rehab loans – cheap money to fix up your house!
- Energy Saver Grants for rehab
- Property Tax freeze for rehab in historic districts
- Own a piece of Chicago history!
- Prices have come down so low that you can find them under $300,000!
Here are a few that look to be truly great buys…
One block west of Indian Boundary Park in Rogers Park – this home is ready for rehab – terrific vintage details including stained glass windows. Full basement and attic space to expand.
Jumbo bungalow with 3 bedrooms, updated kitchen and full basement with wet bar.
Yellow octagon bungalow in Peterson Woods – Four bedrooms plus family room
North Center 1923 bungalow – 2 bedrooms 2 baths – cute as can be!