CPS Selective Enrollment School Application Deadline-Dec 14 for Elementary and High School Choices
Dec 7 — Deadline for getting your pin number (if applying online)
Standard Elementary School Application School Codes
Selective Enrollment Elementary School Application
Standard High Schools Application
Magnet High Schools Application
IB Programs Application
Selective Enrollment Schools Application
Dec 14 – Deadline for both paper and online applications
When I first navigated public school choices 13 years ago, I toured several magnet schools, completing a separate application or each one. I dutifully checked the box for ethnicity, sex, and added a quick prayer before handing over the simple form to the school’s secretary, hoping it would find its way to the lottery box without getting lost, and that (should I be lucky enough to win), the mailman wouldn’t lose my letter of acceptance. I was unnerved!
Times have changed — now parents can apply online, prioritizing their choices, feeling confident that the system won’t lose their application and their opportunity for winning the lottery.
When I searched for schools, there weren’t the fantastic options for neighborhood schools that there are today. As a result, I’ve put together some searches for parents who are considering living in a Chicago Public Elementary District. This list is growing, so if you don’t see what you need, please call me.
Some of the Chicago Neighborhood Elementary School Districts in which I’ve been asked to search for homes:
- Blaine Elementary School
- Bell Elementary School
- Ogden Elementary School
- Lincoln Elementary School
- Coonley Elementary School
- Alcott Elementary School
- Nettlehorst Elementary School
- Waters Elementary School
- Burley Elementary School
Navigating school choices can be daunting – please let me know if you have friends who would like information on Chicago schools.
If they’d like to speak with a parent in an elementary or high school, I would be happy to put them in touch with those who can help provide more information.
Helpful Links for Applying to Selective Enrollment Schools:
- CPS Magnet Elementary School Applications
- FAQ on Gifted/Classical Schools
- Hints for Families with Students Having Disabilities
- Open Houses for Selective Enrollment Elementary Schools
- Options Guide – Elementary Schools
- Selective Enrollment High Schools – Point Calculation Tool
- FAQs about Selective Enrollment High Schools
- High School Power Point about schools and applications
- Census Tract Map with Tiers
- Tuition – Based Pre-Kindergarten
Blogroll and Other Links about Searching for Schools in Chicago:
- Best Public Schools in Chicago and Suburbs
- Chicago Now CPS Blog
- CPS Obsessed
- Eric Zorn’s Webliography
- Sun-Times Annual Ranking of Schools