Edgewater Community Service Day – May 9
Mary Ann Smith’s office (48th Ward) just announced another community service day for the Edgewater Community. On May 9, volunteers will gather at the ward office, 5533 N Broadway, at 10 am to clean and paint public areas and parks in the community.
If you are interested in participating…
- Please RSVP to Heather Steans’ office
- Arrive on May 9 wearing work clothes and carrying gloves
The Day of Service is sponsored by Alderman Smith, State Senator Heather Steans, State Representative Harry Osterman, Edgewater Beautiful and the Edgewater Chamber of Commerce.
Care for Real Update
Care for Real provides food, clothing and counseling services to more than 1,500 registered households- over 3300 individuals – who visit the pantry an average of 7 times during the year. This is almost triple the number of families served just 18 months ago, and it means they helped Edgewater residents almost 24,000 times in 2008. The need is great, and Care for Real is staying on top of the changes necessary to help our neighbors in need.
1. Clothing and other donations are accepted during business hours now at 6044 N Broadway. There is an off street parking area in the back.
2. The CFR Clothes Closet, for those wanting the clothes, will now be at Epworth Church (Kenmore and Berwyn), and will be open on Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Saturdays from 9 – noon.
3. Food distribution and administration will remain at the 6044 N Broadway address.