Tuesday is Chicago real estate tour day. Agents hold open houses of their new listings and Realtors tour these properties for potential clients.
With today’s internet/virtual tour options, fewer and fewer agents go out on these tours, which is a shame. I love to go on tours – I get a chance to visit with colleagues, see gorgeous properties, and stay abreast of home values throughout the area.
Today, I got to see the Yin and Yang of Chicago Real Estate- polar opposites- NEW and VINTAGE. I have to say, I loved them both!
CONTEMPORARY – MODERN
My iPhone photo doesn’t do it justice- the home is open, sleek, chic, and easy to live in! Some of my favorite details:
- When you walk in, there’s a metal floor that’s actually a grid- underneath is a drain so dirt and water from your shoes and boots are immediately taken away.
- The open staircases (up and down) are made of thick blond wood treads.
- The front and rear windows are HUGE spans of glass- this brings the outside in, and it’s incredibly dramatic!
- The lower level has terrazo floors with radiant heat, and the family room is separated from the garden by a sheet of glass- gorgeous!
- The kitchen is slick and sleek – with stainless steel table, cabinets and appliances, offset by blond wood upper cabinets, it’s a chef’s dream!
Find Contemporary Homes for Sale-
HISTORIC – VINTAGE
You know I’m in love with historic homes, and the old houses on Castlewood are amazing! This home was built in 1911, and it sits on a 90 x 115 lot.
Some of my favorite things about this house:
- Huge side yard!! There’s a lovely fountain, gorgeous plantings, wrought iron fence, and side deck.
- This street is a cul de sac – no through traffic!
- Gorgeous vintage details inside – wood floors, moldings, curved staircase, and more.
- A solarium — a wall AND CEILING of windows that just make me smile!
- It’s big – 4900 square feet inside with 5 bedrooms, 3 full and 2 half baths
Find Vintage Homes for Sale-
Select one of these links:
– – – – – – – – – – – –
And – to help guide you in your home search,